Alright, you've all heard me complain to no end about not getting deals emailed or mailed to me so far this winter. For some reason, even though my wife and I are registered with Disney under different emails, and we are stockholders, and request the Vacation Planning DVD each year, we NEVER get PIN codes emailed to us! We are dying to get a 40% off code, so that we can go this year, but Disney Dean just doesn't get a code. Now, with that said, I do believe that the heavy duty deals will be extended at some point into the fall/winter, but it's just sooo hard to wait!
As a frequent visitor to DisBoards.com, the consensus is that there is no real 'formula' for determining who will get a discount PIN emailed or mailed to someone. There are some theories, but they don't usually pan out. Here are a couple things you can do to make sure you are getting the emails, with some suggestions from mommy*RN on DisBoards.
- Make sure you check your SPAM folder of your email system periodically. Many people on DisBoards have reported that the email has gone into their SPAM folder. The email will come from Disney Destinations.
- Update your profile on disneyworld.com
- create "extra" profiles on disneyworld.com
- price out mock vacations on disneyworld.com (under a profile), and then exit before booking. When you are asked to give the reason that you didn't book, mention that the price was too high and there were no discounts.
- request and receive the trip planning DVD (some people get a discount PIN in this - not me!)
- create custom maps
- call to ask Disney Travel agents whether you have a code attached to your name. If an agent tells you that they can't look that up, hang up and call again.
- sign up for a Disney Visa card
- enter their trip giveaway contests often (daily if possible)
- add Disney Destinations to your email contacts list
I'm sure there are plenty of other suggestions. Do you know of any other ideas? If so, add them into the comments, and I will append the list. Good luck everyone!
--- Disney Dean